Essential Digital Marketing Strategies for your eCommerce Website
Failure to plan is planning to fail- age-old adage by the father of time management Benjamin Franklin holds true even in this digital age.
As more and more consumers put their trust in ecommerce websites more and more e-commerce companies are hopping on to the digital marketing bandwagon with a view to achieve bigger goals including a wider audience, but minus a digital marketing strategy.
Crafting a digital marketing strategy for your business can mean the difference between running a successful e-commerce business and struggling to survive.
At SocialPulsar, a dynamic and versatile Digital Branding Company, we have the experience and expertise to develop innovative digital marketing strategy for your e-commerce business.
Keep reading to find more
Steps to create an effective digital marketing strategy:
Define your BusinessObjectives
The first and the most important step is to define your business goals as it will give you a clear idea of the steps to be taken in order to achieve the end goal.
- Set your business goals
- What/how do you want to promote
- Establish KPIs- Key Performance Indicators
A list of KPIs for digital marketing:
- Number of visitors in total
- Number of unique visitors
- Time spent by a user on the website
- Conversion rate
- Total Gross Revenue
- Net Profit/Gross Profit
- RPU( Revenue per user)
- Cost per Visitor
- Marketing expenditure
- Cost/Revenue of Marketing campaigns
- Reach of e-commerce website
- Response Rate
- Order value
KPIs are indicative of how successful is your marketing strategy.
Create Buyer Persona
Buyer persona is nothing but the analysis of the different characteristics of your potential customers. The analysis should include the customer’s:
Craft a Digital Marketing Calendar
The Digital Marketing Calendar is the road-map you need to follow on a day-to-day basis to streamline all your marketing activities. Keep in mind to analyze your resources and requirements before creating the calendar.
Social Media is Your Best Friend
The very fact that Google ranks a website with strong social media presence higher than the websites without a social avatar is enough to prove that social media optimization is an integral part of your marketing mix.
Steps to optimize your social media
- Include social media buttons in your website
- Share content regularly on different social media platforms
- Organize marketing campaigns and giveaways
- If you are completely clueless about the social media ball game, get in touch with a Digital Branding Company or other parts of the country.
SEO Optimized Meaningful Content is essential
SEO optimized, unique, error-free content is a prerequisite for successful digital marketing. It will help in leaps and bounds when it comes to your ecommerce website traffic, ranking, leads, sales conversions, etc.
- Creating content based on Pareto’s 80/20 rule is a smart move. It simply means that your content piece should contain 80% information and 20% promotional information. Relevant, interesting, and unique should be the keywords that define your content.
Market Your Content
Excellent content that cannot be discovered on the internet is futile. Thus, once you are done with the content creation process do not forget to optimize it with latest SEO techniques before updating on your e-commerce website and other platforms.
- For a better Google ranking, regularly update your website with SEO optimized user-friendly quality content. Why don’t you take a look at using something like the Premium scripts for Google Ads to help you optimize your content.
Personalize your brand
Users no longer want to shop on websites that lack a personal touch. Give your brand a face to enhance your UX- User Experience. In addition to ensuring a smooth user experience, it is also necessary to customize your brand. This will help your business to stand out in the crowd of ecommerce brands.
- Capitalize on the unique traits of your business/product/services
- Make your customers feel special by adding personal touch e.g. addressing them by name, wishing them on their birthday, anniversary
- Share pictures and videos of your employees
Streamlined, data-driven, user-friendly, rewarding should be the adjectives that define your digital marketing strategy. It is the first step on your way to running a successful eCommerce business.